The Indiana Partners for Pollution Prevention (http://www.in.gov/idem/ppp/2329.htm) invites submission of
presentation proposals for the 21st Annual Pollution Prevention Conference and Trade Show on September
19, 2018 at The Marriott North Indianapolis, in Indianapolis, Indiana. The theme of the conference is Sustainability: Pollution Prevention is a Piece of the Puzzle.
The Annual Conference and Trade Show is attended by manufacturers, consultants, not‐for‐profits, government agencies, and vendors interested in promoting pollution prevention efforts in Indiana and beyond. Updated information about the 2018 Conference
will be available at http://www.in.gov/idem/ppp/2334.htm. Presentations from the 2017 conference can be
seen at http://www.in.gov/idem/ppp/2333.htm.
Topics of interest include:
- wastewater management and success stories in pollution prevention/reduction via
- green chemistry and engineering;
- emerging technologies for waste reduction and treatment; and
- resource conservation.
Presentations that discuss the intersection of sustainability and environmental stewardship with pollution prevention are also sought. Presentations that provide continuing education units (CEUs) for wastewater operator/apprentice, drinking water operator, legal, and professional engineer credits will be given highest consideration.
Submissions must be received by March 11, 2017.
Particular consideration will be given to presentations that discuss:
- Pollution prevention, sustainability, and related concepts
- Emerging innovations in pollution prevention
- Success stories, new technologies, and best management practices
- Economic analyses and life cycle assessments
- Demonstrated protection of human health and the environment
- Environmental Management Systems
- Updates on existing and emerging regulations and government programs and their implications
Please note the definition of pollution prevention used by the Partners: Pollution prevention (P2) means working at the source of pollutants to prevent them from being generated or to reduce the amount generated. It is using materials and energy more efficiently, and conserving natural resources, including water. It is following best management practices, and involving all employees in their implementation, to reduce and prevent pollution. Finally, P2 means also seeing the financial benefits of increased efficiency in the use of raw materials, energy, water or other resources.
Instructions for Submitting Proposals
You may submit more than one presentation idea. All submissions must be received by March 11, 2018.
For each proposed presentation, please submit the requested information to Steve Leeper via email
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or U.S. Mail to the address below:
Evonik Corporation Tippecanoe Laboratories
Mail Stop TL72
1650 Lilly Road
Lafayette, IN 47909‐9201
Name(s) of Author(s):
Title(s) of Author(s):
Biography for each author (Limit: 125 words – per author):
- Presentation Title:
- Abstract (Limit: 200 words – to be printed in the conference materials and included on the conference web
site, for accepted presentations):
- Intended Audience:
- Learning Objectives (i.e., knowledge and skills conveyed by your presentation):
- Previous presentation of this material, if any (When and Where):
- Audio Visual Needs (beyond microphones, screens, projectors, and laptop computers):
- Planned Duration (either 25 or 50 minutes, including time for questions and discussion):
All submitters will be notified of the decisions of the Executive Committee by mid‐April 2016.
The Executive Committee reserves the right to accept or reject presentations based on fit with the overall conference agenda. Submission of a proposal does not guarantee participation in the conference program.
For accepted presentations, a draft presentation MUST be submitted to the Partners by June 1, 2018. Draft presentations will be reviewed and comments provided to provide presenters with insight into the conference audience and to ensure that presentations are strategically focused.
Final presentations MUST be received (PowerPoint and/or pdf) to Partners by September 1, 2018.
Please address any questions to Steve Leeper (email@example.com; 765‐477‐4302). Backup contacts are Ben McKnight (bmcknight@electro‐spec.com; 317‐738‐9199 ext 935) and Jennifer Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org; 317‐234‐9730).