Date: Wednesday, February 4, 1:00-2:00 p.m. CST
Register: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/ register/312174544
Do you know which companies are taking steps to reduce their environmental footprint in the U.S.?
For the past two years, TRI’s Pollution Prevention (P2) Tool has been an excellent resource for learning what industrial facilities are doing to reduce toxic chemical pollution. Now, all the facility-level P2 and waste management data reported to EPA’s TRI Program is also available at the parent company level.
Join this webinar to:
- learn how the TRI P2 Tool can help you identify P2 successes and visually compare environmental performance at both the facility and corporate level
- find out how to compare toxic chemical management and greenhouse gas emissions data at the corporate level
- see what companies are doing to prevent the release of pollutants to the environment
- get a live demonstration of the newly expanded TRI P2 Tool
- see the latest industry- and chemical-level P2 trends featured in the 2013 TRI National Analysis report
This webinar series consists of short presentations on both large and small changes you can make to improve your painting processes – presented by painting industry practitioners and suppliers with first-hand experience to share. This is a chance to ask questions about how the changes worked, what was required, and how it might apply to your facility. Voluntary changes now that reduce VOC emissions could help Minnesota avoid ground level ozone regulations that are on the horizon.
Register for all three webinars at http://mntap.umn.edu/Webinar/index.html.
Session 1: January 21, 2015, 1:00 – 1:45 p.m.
Transfer Efficiency – Equipment and procedures to put more of your paint on the product
- Superior Industries: Toby Weigman will discuss savings from implementation of plural component mixing and electrostatic spray equipment
- Donaldson Inc.: Mark Walsworth will discuss the Impact of electrostatic spray equipment and high solids paint at their California plant
- Graco: Michelle Striggow will discuss the range of transfer efficiency options including air spray improvements, electrostatics, and plural component mixing
Session 2: February 4, 2015, 1:00 – 1:45 p.m.
Paint Formulation Modifications – Improvements in paints that are better for the environment
- Nordicware: Bette Danielson will discuss paint solvent selection to reduce TRI reporting
- Graco: Eric Lilyblad will discuss paint reformulation to reduce HAPs and TRI reporting
- Supplier TBD: Speaker will discuss the range of reformulation options and how to work with your paint supplier to modify or reformulate
Session 3: February 18, 2015, 1:00 – 1:45 p.m.
Powder Coating Considerations – Will it work for you; Can you make the system more efficient?
- Lou Rich: Speaker will discuss why their company implemented powder coating and the benefits of the system
- Valley Craft: Tom Balow will discuss why they are expanding their powder coating capacity
- Powder Coating Institute: Nick Liberto will provide an introduction to powder and how to make powder coating systems efficient.